Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring, General Conference, & The Priesthood

It is Spring in New York.  It has rained continually for two days straight and is supposed to continue raining for another three days . . . oy.  Everything is starting to get really green though which I'm super excited for.

Well, we are in our areas two days a week now and the rest of the time at the Church History Sites.  The traffic through the sites have slowed a little bit but we'll get more Spring breakers soon.  I had the amazing opportunity to be asked by our ward's Relief Society President to give a tour to the homeschool group she's a part of.  They are studying the religions of the world.  After the tour at the Hill Cumorah, we were able to give away two Books of Mormon to two of the parents of the homeschool group.

Sister Dimick and Sister Killen at Book of Mormon Publication Site
The three progressing investigators are basically sent and prepared from heaven.  Since we don't see them that often, they're on their own.  But they read and pray, and all three even watched General Conference!  Amazing!

Rebecca is doing amazing too.  She has a date in June to receive her Patriarchal Blessing and she will soon be getting a temple recommend to do baptisms!  Nothing is stopping that girl from getting to the temple.  She is very inspiring.

Sisters during General Conference Weekend
We had an amazing training meeting with President Christianson this week.  We talked a little about Alma 37, which is where I currently am in my Book of Mormon reading and this chapter has really touched me.  God truly had an amazing purpose and work going on all around us.  Not only all around but for each one of us individually.  It's so amazing that we just can't comprehend it all.  I've also been studying the Pearl of Great Price with the Institute Manual, and am half-way done with Abraham.  Can I say mind blowing?!  It takes me two hours to just get through a chapter (when we have down time at the sites) and it's so amazing.  Reading it with the manual has just opened my eyes more to it.  Love it!

In my new Type 3/2 Skirt from Mom!  Love it!
This week I also increased my testimony of the Priesthood.  I just felt off and stressed about a lot of things and I had a ton on my mind.  I had an impression one night right before I went to bed to ask some of the Elders in my district to give me a blessing.  I felt silly for wanting to ask.  There are people who need blessings a lot more than I do and it's a little uncomfortable for me to put a blessing in the hands of 19-year olds.  I asked the next morning (after getting up the nerve) and they were more than happy to give me one.  We scheduled a time and when that time can, I was so nervous.  I've never had a blessing from two 19-year olds.  But it was one of the purest, amazing blessings I've ever received.  God truly did speak through them to me to give me comfort.  The Spirit was so strong during the blessing.  Sister Dimick and I were in awe.  We quickly went home and tried to remember as much as we could so I could write it in my journal.  I am so  much more at peace and know that everything is and will be okay.  The Priesthood works no matter how old the person is who holds it.  Those two Elders gained mucho respecto from me that night.  I am so thankful for men who worthily hold and use the Priesthood.

That's all for now.  Until next time!
Love,
Sister Killen

No comments:

Post a Comment