You will probably hear me say this all the time now but, oh my goodness what a crazy few days! I had P-day four days ago and yet it feels like its been two weeks without a P-day! I feel like since I became Site Trainer my life (which was already pretty busy) went from 0 to 120 in like two seconds. But even with how crazy everything is, it is so fulfilling and rewarding. Every week Sister Butters and I are supposed to observe as many sisters on tour as we can, go on one exchange, plan for Site Meeting, work our shifts at the sites, and work in our proselyting area. I don't know how we do it, but somehow we do it and miracles continue to happen. It must be the Spirit.
Sunday was my first time in the Palmyra ward and everyone is so nice and helpful. I think I need flash cards with peoples' names and faces on them to remember everyone though. All the members were pretty welcoming. There was one man whose "welcome" was interesting. Before Sacrament Meeting started, as Sister Butters was trying to introduce me to as many people as possible, this gentleman came up to us and introduced himself to me and welcomed me to the ward. As I was telling him thank you, his smile kind of went away, he looked at my companion and back to me and very seriously told me I had big shoes to fill. My face probably said it all (like it normally does). Sister Butters and I both were a little in shock as he walked away. For any who thinks I, or anybody else for that matter, have any shoes to fill: I have my own shoes to fill and walk in, thank you very much.
We had Zone Meeting on Tuesday and the Zone Leaders asked Sister Butters and I to do a part of the training based on Elder Bednar's talk to the missionaries about how to become a successful "Preach My Gospel" missionary. My primary chorister roots kicked in as we planned and we planned an awesome game to help as a visual. Everyone loved it! The Spirit is so amazing. We then had a lesson with an investigator that we were super nervous about since we picked a bold topic that she is struggling with. Basically that lesson was a make it or break it lesson. But with the Spirit, the lesson was a success (started out as a train wreck but it all worked out). Creating the site schedule for the sisters for next week and the pageant schedule all fell into place as we followed the promptings of the Spirit. Writing our mission newsletter article came together in a snap. Definitely can't do this work without the help of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is the true and ultimate teacher just like Elder Bednar has said.
I love and miss you all so much!
Love,
Sister Killen
No comments:
Post a Comment