Hey Everyone!
If I thought mission life was crazy before pageant, I had no idea what crazy was. Pageant was wonderfully insane. Wake up at 6:30, sort referrals at 7:30, go to a shift at 8:30, eat lunch at 3:00, meet as many people as possible, go do referral calling, study, eat dinner at 6:30, go work at the Information Booth from 6:45 to 9:00, watch pageant with investigators, go back and work the Information Booth from 10:30 to 11:30, fall like a rock into bed at midnight, and do it all again the next day.
"So tired" is an understatement. But the Lord blessed me with health and enough rest to function. Not to mention I was chugging water all day which helped. The first six days of Pageant mode at the Sites, Sister Butters and I were at the Joseph Smith Farm and it just so happened to be the hottest week (no joke). Being stationed in the upstairs of the log home without air conditioning and no windows to open for one to two hours was no picnic. But it was so worth it being up there teaching about the very even of Moroni appearing in that room to where the Spirit was just so strong. Angels were definately helping me and all the Sisters that were assigned there.
The last five days of pageant mode, we were stationed at the Grandin Building. It didn't hit me how much we talk at the Grandin Building when we conduct a tour until then. Multiply that with so many additional tours to cover all the tourists . . . our voices were shot. But again, well worth it. Being able to testify of the Book of Mormon for five hours and feel the Spirit so strongly made it all worth it.
Well it is again the last week of the transfer. I am most likely staying but we will see what happens :). I can't believe I've been out for 8 months! It flies way too quickly. I am going into my sixth transfer and there are only 12 transfers for an 18-month mission. What is this?!?!
Love and miss you!
Love,
Sister Killen
No comments:
Post a Comment