Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy August!

Hey Everyone!

Happy first day of August!  Another transfer has flown by.  Sister Butters and I get to stay together, thank goodness!  There was a possibility Sister Butters would get transferred.  Being Site Trainer for only six weeks, basically doing everything abnormally because of Pageant, then having Sister Butters leave could have potentially been a nightmare for all.
With Sister Missionaries at After Pageant BBQ
After Pageant BBQ with Sister Gillespe and Sister Butters
Pageant may be over but bus tour season continues.  It is definitely slowing down though.  I got to take a couple of youth groups through the Joseph Smith Farm and they were all awesome.  Youth tours are the greatest.  EFY (Especially for Youth Camps) also started this week here in Palmyra (who knew they had EFY here?!)  and I got to take them through the Grandin Building and again the youth were just amazing.  The future is bright!
Sister Killen Conducting a Tour
We have been working with a few less-active members a lot more recently and they are all progressing a ton!  Sister Brongo has decided and accepted to be a Visiting Teacher and she is so excited to get involved.  She has also set aside time every morning to read her Scriptures.  She has grown in leaps and bounds, and I am so proud of her.  She is the perfect example of someone using the Atonement of Jesus Christ to heal and move forward.  She is very inspiring.  Bother and Sister Leone are a less-active, part-member couple that Sister Butters has been working with for a while.  From the time Sister Butters got to meet them, they continue to inch forward.  At first they would only have them over for dinner, then they would allow "practice lessons", then Brother Leone started saying prayer over the food, then (when I got here) they allowed lessons, now Sister Leone is expressing to us and her husband that she would like to come to Church and they are going to come to the Hill Cumorah Visitors' Center to watch the video, "God's Plan".  For anyone who hasn't seen this new 10-minute video on the family, please go to your nearest Visitors' Center and watch it (except for my family, I want to watch it with you for your first time).  The Leones interest in the Church really started when we started showing them Mormon Messages videos during our lessons with them.  The Mormon Messages (found on MormonChannel.org) are so powerful and really bring the Spirit.  I am so happy how often we get to use uplifting media like that in our lessons to help people come or come back into the fold.

Because it is the first week of the transfer, we got new missionaries including three new Site Sisters!  Sister Butters and I got to conduct the new sisters tour for them, their trainers, and the Rochester Zone Sister Trainers.  We then had a great training (I'm getting more and more used to doing those), had dinner with Elder and Sister Searle (the incredible Site Directors), and did out Site Training Meeting.  It was a long day but so much fun.  These three new sisters are so strong and prepared to be here.  Love them all!
Newly Arrived Sister Missionaries and their Trainers
A Little Site Training Comic Relief
It is great to be a missionary!!!
Love and miss you all!
Love,
Sister Killen

No comments:

Post a Comment