Here's a funny, true, and kind of embarrassing story written by my companion, Sister Boseman:
What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger . . .
On Monday, both Sister Killen and I had a mental and emotional break down. After working on the site schedule for hours, we found out a last minute change that made it so we had to change everything we had just worked on for hours! Kinda frustrating. haha But it is what it is. We fixed the problem and everything was alright (or so I thought). Sister Killen and I both needed a break from the computers and "our cave" that we do all the scheduling in so we went outside to get a breath of fresh air. The next thing I know, Sister Killen has taken off and is RUNNING up the Hill Cumorah! First of all, she hates running. Second of all, it was snowing and we weren't wearing our coats! (Don't tell Shannon ;) ) Well we are supposed to stay within "sight and sound" of each other so I started running after her! There was about a foot of snow on the ground and we were just running and running. My lungs were burning and the cold air was making my eyes water. It was quite the adventure! When Sister Killen finally stopped running she screamed and everything was alright and we just laughed! I love little emotional break downs on the Hill Cumorah :)
![]() |
| Sister Killen and Sister Boseman |
![]() |
| Snow, Snow, Snow! |
In our District we have all been praying for new investigators and this past Sunday another miracle occurred. One of the young women in the ward brought a non-member friend to Church. Right before Relief Society started, a Young Womens' leader came and got us to tell us that the non-member friend, Kylie, was interested in the Church. We were introduced to Kylie and she right away wanted to know everything. We gave her a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet, then set up a time for us to come and teach her. After Relief Society, she came back and asked, "how does baptism work?" I have never been so stunned and at loss for words before. At the end of my jumbled explanation, she said, "When can I be baptized?" Again, shock. Prayer works! She lives in the Elders area but since she is a young woman, we are team teaching for a bit before handing her off to them. Heavenly Father is so awesome!
Got to love being a missionary!
Love,
Sister Killen
P.S. - Yes, it's FREEZING!


No comments:
Post a Comment