Friday, March 22, 2013

So Good and So Busy!

Hey Everyone!

Week of insanity!  So good and so busy!  We are at the Church History sites a lot now and our proselyting time is dwindling.  It's hard to balance the area with the sites when the sites are getting busier.  I do love working at the sites, so it's all good.

Sisters and Elders at the Palmyra Temple
Rebecca's baptism was so good and so spiritual.  A lot of people came to support her which was super special for her and the Spirit was so strong.  As a little baptism gift for Rebecca, Sister Hatch and I did a musical number--an arrangement of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives."   Everyone was in tears (members and nonmembers).  The Spirit was so strong!  The speaker after us cried the whole time she was speaking.  The Bishop decided to say something and just cried.

Rebecca Ready for Baptism with Sister Killen and Sister Hatch
The next day for Sacrament Meeting, the Bishop's wife quietly came and sat next to us and told us that the Bishop was going to have us do the same musical number instead of the intermediate hymn and then moved back to her seat.  Sister Hatch and I were both in shock.  Thank goodness we carry the sheet music in Sister Hatch's backpack!  After an amazing first talk by the Palmyra Temple President, the Bishop got up and announced the change in the program and introduced us.  After the song, the First Counselor (who was conducting) tried to introduce the High Councilman and was choking on his tears so badly that he could barely speak.  Then the High Councilman got up and cried the whole time he was up there.  After Sacrament Meeting was over I was rushed by people as I tried to get to Sunday School.  Some asked if they could get a CD (haha).  There was one gentleman who through his tears told me how as I sang he could imagine seeing the Savior in front of him with open arms and how much love he felt.

We were then asked by our Zone Leaders to do a musical number for Specialized Training.  There we sang "Abide with Me 'Tis Eventide".  After we sang, President Christianson got up to speak and cried.  I don't think I've heard "this is all your fault" so many times in such a short period of time by so many different people.  I'm so thankful and humbled the Spirit used me through music to touch so many people.

With St. Patrick's Day Hat and Glasses from Daddy Don

Festive Hats & Glasses from Daddy Don
Guess what?  I'm going to be a Trainer!  Next week Sister Hatch returns home to Utah and I will be training a "Greenie" straight from the MTC!  Both Sister Hatch and I aren't doing well with the thought of her leaving, but she has plans as she goes on with her life after finishing her mission.  I will miss her so very much.
With Sister Hatch at her Last Site Meeting  :(

Sister Hatch and Sister Killen after a Temple Session
Hope all is well with everyone.  Write me!

Love,
Sister Killen

P.S. -  This is the coldest March I've ever experienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment