I will NEVER complain about spiders again! This week at the Joseph Smith Farm, I was observing a sister on tour and I held the door open at the log home so everyone could get out and go down to the frame home. As I was holding the door open, out of the corner of my eye I saw a BIG black shadow crawling around from the inside of the door, across the width of the door, landing right next to me. I quietly freaked out and bolted away from the door. I thankfully had our cell phone in my pocket and quickly called the office at the Smith Farm to ask someone to take care of the spider. Thankfully someone from Facilities Management was already on the Farm. As the tour I was observing went on ahead, a new tour group my companion, Sister Graham, was observing came in. With a smile plastered on my face and panic in my heart, I greeted them into the log home and told Sister Graham, the guests, and their tour guide, Sister O'Leary, not to touch the door as they walked in. Finally, Jeff from Facilities Management walked in. As he tried to cup the spider in his hands, it fell to the floor and started running towards us! Sister Graham, Sister O'Leary, and I screamed in unison as we tried to run away from the big black monster spider running towards us. Jeff was then able to catch the spider and take it away. Ugh!
And if that wasn't enough, when Sister Graham and I got home, there was another spider just as big crawling in the hallway. With no one to call, we were on our own. With shoe in hand, I walked through another room to get to the other side of the hallway behind the spider. Sister Graham had a boot ready in front of the spider (which stayed perfectly still as we geared up for our attack). Just as I stepped close enough to squish the spider, it bolted. But with my "Survivor" mode on, the spider's run was unsuccessful and my shoe, very forcefully, got it. We are now always on alert for spiders!
| This is a SMALL one compared to the one I killed last night that was IN OUR HOUSE!!! |
| Visitors from Fallbrook |
God's plan is perfect and He prepares people who are ready for His Gospel even if that means they have to travel cross country on a bicycle and sleep on the dirt for five weeks to prepare them to hear the message of the Restoration. Miracles happen on a daily basis here in the New York Rochester Mission!
Love,
Sister Killen
No comments:
Post a Comment