What a wonderfully crazy week!
Sister Graham and I had the opportunity to go to the Deaf Nation Expo at Rochester Institute of Technology. We got to drive up to Rochester which was the first time in the city for both of us. We've both served in the country up to now. When we got there, it was packed! Thousands of people were there. When we got into the building, it was SO quiet! At first I felt like I had to whisper because it was so quiet. It was the first time I had ever been in a room with thousands of people and could still talk in an "inside voice". Sister Graham taught me a few words and phrases in ASL. I got really good at saying "hi" to people walking past our booth but if they started walking over, I was good at freaking out a little and getting Sister Graham or one of the ASL Elders to talk with them. We taught a few lessons and one person is going to be meeting with missionaries in her area! It was fun being immersed in such a different culture than mine and see that the Gospel is the same as it applies to everyone.
![]() |
| Sister Graham and Sister Killen at the Deaf Nation Expo at Rochester Institute of Technology |
![]() |
| Ready to walk the 4.1 miles to the Hill Cumorah |
![]() |
| Ready to walk to Hill Cumorah! |
Sister Graham and I are constantly busy with the Site Trainer duties that it's difficult to get into our area sometimes. But our investigators are doing great spiritually. They all have some sort of physical illness right now, making it difficult to see them but they are all so strong.
| At the Chill & Grill with Sister Roommates |
I hope everyone is doing well!
Miss and love you all!
Sister Killen



No comments:
Post a Comment