Monday, March 10, 2014

Transferred to Buffalo!

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe I'm in Buffalo!  Crazy!  I didn't think I was going to have the opportunity but I've come to the conclusion that Heavenly Father likes surprises.  I am loving it out here in Buffalo.  Even though it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to the Church history sites (which I miss a ton), it's good to see and experience the different aspects of the unique mission that the NYRM is.  We are exploding with work here!  We are working with a family of four and quite a few individuals and YSA's (Young Single Adults) in both the Amherst area and the YSA branch, and they are progressing so well.  We're seeing miracles happen every day!
Saying goodbye to the Church History Sites . . . always in my heart.

Sister O'Leary and I with all of our stuff, ready to transfer to Buffalo!

With New Companion Sister Laree Smithson!
I'm serving as a Sister Trainer to all the full proselyting sisters (all sister serving in areas too far away to serve at the sites) and so I get to travel weekly to different parts of the mission to do exchanges which is so fun.  I had the opportunity to conduct exchanges as Site/Sister Trainer until more sister trainers were called so it's way fun doing that again.  This past wee, Sister Smithson and I traveled about two hours to exchange/blitz (two sets of missionaries in one area).  By the time we traveled to get there, it was pitch dark outside and western New York seems to be short of street lights.  It was pretty scary, haha, but with our awesome LDS music and popchips to snack on, we were able to a hve fun surviving through the dark.
When it's FREEZING beyond anything you've ever experienced, EVER, we have to take measures into our own hands . . . Animal print scarf power!!!
The culture here in Buffalo is so different than in my other areas.  It has been fun having the change from slow to a more swift movement city setting.  Heavenly Father has truly blessed me and placed me in areas I need to serve to use my talents to help others come unto Christ.  I'm still figuring out how to do that here in Buffalo and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me and things He needs me to accomplish here in BUFFALO!

Love,
Sister Killen

No comments:

Post a Comment