I can't believe this will already be my third week in New York! It has been awesome! I can officially say that I have my own investigator getting baptized!!! I'm so excited for her. She actually sat us down last week when we met with her and told us she was getting baptized and told us her date. When does that ever happen?! NEVER! It was so amazing! She gets baptized in March so her family can come up from New York City to be there.
| Sister Killen and Sister Hatch |
| Sunset at the Peter Whitmer Farm |
Funny story - I wrote Mom a letter on Monday and put it in the big outgoing mailbox in our apartment building. Our apartment manager got back from vacation on Saturday and was at the mailbox when we were going out of the apartment. It ended up that the big outgoing mailbox was actually his mailbox and we had been putting letters in it! There was a huge stack of letter in his mailbox. He told us where we could put them and when doing so one of our investigators who lives in our complex walked in . . . embarrassing missionary moment. Maybe this story is so funny to Sister Hatch and I because we are so tired, haha.
The area where I serve is, I swear, frozen in time. Main street and all the houses around are from the mid-1800's to early 1900's. It is so cool! And everyone is so nice! The ward is amazing too! The bishop looks like Dad (Rolland)! He could seriously be his twin. They both look like Alec Baldwin! Too funny!
| Old Church. All the church buildings look like this. |
Letters on the way!
LOVE YOU!
Sister Killen
No comments:
Post a Comment