Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 4 Already???

Holy cow the weeks are flying by!  I've already been in New York for almost a month!

Time seems to fly by so quickly out here and yet time also seems irrelevant.  It was a pretty busy week as usual.  I really should take a picture of my planner . . . it's wonderfully insane.  I'm so tired at the end of the day.  Sister Hatch said it's no wonder that I'm so tired because I put all my heart and soul into each lesson and tour.  And it's true.  I try to put my heart and soul into the lessons and follow the Spirit, and it's worth it every time. God has given me this amazing opportunity to invite people to come closer to Christ and every chance I've got, I'm going to give it my all.  It is exhausting and I sleep like a rock every night but it is so worth it.


This week was . . . cold.  One day it was about 11 degrees but felt like -7 outside (that's what the weather report told us).  But thanks to my coat, gloves, boots, tights, layers of clothing, a hat, and scarf, the only thing that froze that day was my nose and teeth when I smiled, haha.  Other than that one day, the cold hasn't been too bad . . . really, I'm not kidding.

Sister Killen and Sister Hatch at the Visitors' Center
Our investigators are doing amazing!!! They are really progressing in leaps and bounds. The one who has a baptism date literally accepts everything we tell her and does it to the max.  She is so amazing!  One has given away all of her immodest clothes willingly.  Three are giving up smoking.  One is keeping his commitment to stop smoking and a few days ago only had two cigarettes (he usually has a pack and a half), only one on Saturday, and NONE yesterday!  We helped him to commit to be completely done by the 31st and he is going to make it!!  Every time we see him he looks happier and healthier.  LOVE IT!!!

There is an 18-year old boy who I chatted with on Mormon.org who went through horrible things during his childhood and was just searching for truth and happiness.  He told us that by just talking with us once, he knows he has found it because of the peace and comfort that filled his heart.

Missionary chatting on Mormon.org
I hope that they all know how much Heavenly Father cares about them.  I sure try to express it every time I teach.  I love seeing the change in people as they discover the truth.  The Gospel makes us happier than anything else in life.  I love it so much and it is such a blessing to teach it.  I am so humbled and blessed to be a part of this work.  I know that this Church is true.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that with the Bible contains the fullness of the Gospel.  Nothing can say otherwise to me.


I'm going to be singing for a meeting in February and I get to record it so I'll send a recording of it! :)  My amazing companion plays the piano beautifully and so we have a great music thing going.

A little Sisterly Comic Relief
I love and miss you all . . . but I'm glad I'm not coming back anytime soon. ;)  I am falling more and more in love with Western New York!  LOVE IT!

Love,
Sister Killen

No comments:

Post a Comment