Friday, May 24, 2013

Just A Little Earthquake!

Hey Everyone!

I guess as a little extension from my last letter, we did feel the earthquake last Friday (the 17th).  I thought the upstairs neighbors were just making a lot of noise.  I guess growing up in San Diego makes you a little immune to tiny quakes (it was 5.2 and centered just outside of Ottawa in Canada).

Anyway, what a week.  Sister Dimick and I got scheduled at least once at all four Church History Sites this week so we had a lot of variety in tours which was way fun.  We've had a couple of miracle tours come through.  I took a couple of Elders with their investigator on tour at the Joseph Smith Farm (which is very common) and I got to help the Elders commit their investigator to be baptized in a few weeks!  It was a great experience.  Both Sister Dimick and I took a few non-members who decided to stop at the sites on their way by (they all said they felt like they just needed to stop and see what it is all about) and have now decided to learn from their local missionaries.  We've also had a few less active members come on a whim and are now talking with their local missionaries and becoming active again.  One couple (he a less active member and she a non-member) are going to start becoming active and get baptized so they can get married in the temple!  Miracles happen at the sites!
Crazy rain.  Now I understand the true meaning of "raining cats & dogs"

We are teaching a couple of new people and the ones we have been teaching are progressing and doing great.  Angie is doing awesome!  She is working on past organized religion issues but she loves the Church and wants to be a part of it so bad that she is not letting that stop her from progressing.  We met a new guy named Arthur in the library.  Usually talking with people anywhere is nerve racking, but talking to Arthur for the first time went smooth and easy.  The Spirit was definitely there helping me.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet, and we got to see him again today.  We are also teaching a less-active/part-member family and they are so nice.  Cheryl really wants to come back to Church so now we are working on Bernie (her husband) so they will both come to Church and so forth.  Brian and Rebecca are staying awesome and strong, and Rob is doing pretty good.
Look!  The real-life "Carl" from the movie "Up"!  One of our senior missionaries, Elder Smellie.
This past week we had another bug epidemic.   A little while ago we had a weird ant problem in our bathroom, so we got Raid and got rid of them after experimenting with putting honey on a plate to attract the ants to see where they were coming in from (not my idea by the way).  Well all of a sudden this week there were these ant looking things with wings everywhere and they wouldn't run or fly away when you would get next to them to squish them.  They would just keep nastily hobbling along on the floor or wall or wherever they were.  They were like mutated ants!  The ants mutated!  Well one morning this week when we woke up, I went to go into our bathroom when I saw an ant version of a war scene from the Book of Mormon happening right on the tile floor!  The regular ants were battling the mutated ants!  Then I played my role by spraying the Raid and destroying them off the face of the tile.  By the end, the scene looked like the end of the Book of Mormon.  After that morning, we haven't seen a single ant or mutated ant.  I pray they won't return to the apartment.

Until next week!  Love and miss you lots!
Love,
Sister Killen

No comments:

Post a Comment